Our core purpose is to ensure Thornaby Academy is a successful and self sustaining Academy, providing the highest quality leadership that initiates and drives high quality provision, leading to high quality outcomes.
At Thornaby Academy we firmly believe that providing an outstanding education ensures excellent progress in the student’s academic studies. However in order to prepare young people fully for adulthood, we know that we must provide the experiences and opportunities that enable our students to grow into well-rounded, honest and confident members of society.
We achieve this by adopting a collaborative approach to self-development where responsibility for progress is shared by students, parents / carers and staff alike.
It is an ethos that underpins our work at Thornaby Academy. All members of the Academy understand the importance of living by our PRIDE values:
- Presentation – we strive to ensure the work we do is the best we can possibly achieve. At any given opportunity, we want to be able to show how immensely proud we are of our school and community. We ensure that our uniforms, work and social spaces reflect this value every day.
- Respect – we actively promote the core British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those of different faiths, beliefs and sexuality. We understand that we are all equal and should be treated this way. We understand that simple acts of kindness can go a long way in our school and community.
- Independence – we understand that we are the driving force behind our learning journeys. We understand that we must seek out opportunities to improve and always go the extra mile to reach success.
- Determination – we understand that we must never give up, even when things get tough. We must be resilient and learn from our mistakes. We should never lose sight of our goals.
- Excellence – we understand that we are what we repeatedly do. We know that excellence is a result of hard work and commitment and the ability to look at barriers as opportunities.